2. lokakuuta 2011

From Renaissance Faire and Night of Hunters into the Light.

Because so much has happened during the last week and a half, I'm just going to do one simple entry including short summaries about the three main events that all were... well, perfect.

Blackmore's Night @ Finlandiatalo 20.09.2011



The concert was AMAZING - I danced and sang with my medieval garb on like there was no tomorrow. Blackmore's Night is one of my all-time favourite bands and seeing them live is always a huge thing for me. This was my 2nd time and even though the 2008-gig was absolutely splendid, I must say that this show was like a million times better. Why? They played 2,5 hours (!!!!!), I heard 99% of my favourite songs and... *drum rolls* I DANCED WITH RITCHIE AND CANDICE, thanks to mr. Blackmore who PULLED ME TO THE STAGE. So yes, that's me dancing in the video with another fan right in the beginning. That was seriously one of the greatest moments of my life so far and the whole evening was filled with ancient mysteries, magic and love.

Tori Amos @ Helsingin Jäähalli 28.09.2011

I was still all hyper about the Blackmore's Night-concert (and my newest addiction RENT) when I realised that "I'm going to see Tori Amos tonight". I guess I wasn't as excited as before her Pori Jazz-gig last year but I still knew that the evening would rock a big time.

I had heard that Tori tries her best to arrange meet & greets with fans before the shows but I just thought that I'd never get to attend one of those - it seemed like an impossible dream. But, as you can see, I was lucky. Ok, REALLY lucky. I had been hanging out at the Ice Hall since 1 PM and hoping to spot a possible meet & greet somewhere. Well, around 2 PM a couple of other fans that I knew arrived to the venue and we decided to check out the other side of the hall. Suddenly, we spotted more fans standing by a fence, lining up for something. And yes, that 'something' was Tori Amos. Soon we joined the line, all shaking and smiling like hell and waited for our turns. It didn't take long as I was standing in front of a woman that I admire so much. Such a LOVELY lady, I must say! We chatted a while, she gave me her autograph and then we took the photo above. As the meet & greet ended, it finally hit me: I HAD MET TORI AMOS. I mean, wow. Just WOW.

And the concert... FANTASTIC. Tori played 2 hours and the setlist was so much better than last year in Pori. It was amazing and touching to hear songs like Cruel and Winter, and damn, Tori sounded GOOD in everything she performed. What else can I say? Tori Amos is MAGICAL. I actually met her briefly after the show too because I wasn't in a hurry and decided to check the back entrance once again. There I waited with 10 other fans and it didn't take long as a car stopped right next to us and mrs. Amos jumped out of it with a smile on her face. Fans got their autographs and I got to thank her for the concert.

Next to Normal @ Studio Pasila 30.09.2011



On Friday I randomly decided to see the Finnish production of Next to Normal because I got the tickets in half a price. I had seen the musical once before and thought that it was pretty awesome. Anyway, it was a really good idea to go: This time I just didn't 'like' it - I LOVED it. The cast, the story, the music, the choreography, the set... Everything worked together amazingly well! There were also a couple of Wicked-fanclubbers in the audience and it was GREAT to hang out with them. Love ya! After the show I got to meet with Jonna Järnefelt who plays Diana in the play. She was SO SWEET, and because everyone else was taking a photo with her, I decided to take one too. I'm definitely going to see Next to Normal again (the last show at the latest) and I highly recommend the experience for everyone!

 So yes, that's about it. 

When our long night is done,
there will be light.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti